Not so happy bath time
My little water nymph is now terrified of the tub. She slipped and feel in it last Thursday. Didn't hurt herself badly, just got a quick dunking and scared herself silly. So, last night she wouldn't even bend her legs and sit down in the water. And boy how she howled! I had to hold her up while her daddy washed her. Even singing her usual bath-time songs didn't stop the screaming for long. We'll try again tomorrow night or Wednesday and see how it goes. I hope she gets over it soon! I bought her bubble bath for her birthday.

2 Comments:
I'm sure she'll get over it soon. J had a scare in the tub the other day too, when H sort of pushed him backwards a bit too quickly for rinsing, and he toppled over. He cried briefly, but we played with him and made him happy, and he's okay with bathtime again.
I hope Draya is soon a happy little water nymph again!
We went to the ACT pool on Saturday and Izzy and Gemma both got dunked.
They have a shallow, warm, teach pool and there is a little slide. Izzy was going down the slide and just got brave enough to go down without us catching her at the bottom. Then she went down and couldn't find her feet at the bottom so she was flailing in the water. We scooped her up and calmed her down and she got right back on the slide, but we had to be at the bottom to catch her before she would slide again.
Gemma, on the other hand, was just walking through the water when suddenly her head was under water. She sputtered and coughed for a bit and I took her out of the pool in case she threw up because she had obviously swallowed some pool water. But she was having none of this "out of the pool" silliness. She struggled out of my arms to get right back in the water.
One of the little kids there had some water wings. I think we might buy some for Gemma.
Post a Comment
<< Home