Draya's Diary

Just how is our little princess doing these days?

Thursday, February 01, 2007

"Cookies" All Over

Mommy & Daddy have been initiated into a new stage of parenthood. The upset stomach – much cookie tossing included. Poor Draya, last night she was cranky at dinner - didn’t really want to eat - wanted Mommy. I wanted to eat dinner without a kid in my lap constantly so Draya had a tantrum and lay on the floor sniffling for a while. We though she was just tired. At about 7 pm she just stopped in the middle of the living room and tossed her cookies – twice. I gave her a speedy, standing up bath (she screamed) while Daddy cleaned the carpet. Then we cuddled her and sat her in front of Treehouse. She tossed her cookies about 5 or 6 more times, not that there was much left to toss and went through 4 more pairs of jammies (she didn’t always hit the bowl). There weren’t any other symptoms of illness, no fever, aches or other pains, she even got restless and bored of Treehouse eventually and wanted to play! She did eventually conk out on the couch at around 9:30 pm. We moved her up to our bed around 11 where she promptly tossed her cookies again, waking up at 2 am for a final tossing. I slept in with her this morning and when she got up at 8:30 she was totally fine. Drank milk and apple juice, nursed and ate oatmeal. Nothing came back up. I took her to daycare for 11am. But wow, toddler vomit is WAY different than baby blarg! We knew it would be but now we’ve experienced it!!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:20 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

BWAHAHA HA HAHHA HAHAHAHHHA AHAHAHAHAHH AHA AH AH AAHHHA AHHA AHA HAHAH AHAH AHAHAH AHAHAHH AH HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH AHHA HA HHAH AHAAHAH

...me

 
At 6:05 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can only imagine the nervousness at seeing your own child in gastrointestinal distress. I likewise grieve the many cleanups you had to do. That said. . .
BWAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! THAT STORY WAS #@*&^%^%$ GREAT!!!! I LOVED IT!!!!!

Darren

 
At 11:36 p.m., Blogger Momma Trish said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I'm laughing with you. (At least, I hope you're laughing a bit by now?) I totally get it!

On a related note, J's carseat still reeks of regurgitated grapes and milk from his whole cookie-tossing extravaganza. Much as we have cleaned it, we haven't yet been able to completely eradicate the smell ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home