An emergency evening.
Daddy here, recounting the events of this evening. It all started when I got home from work...
Looking through the window of my house I see my loving daughter, sitting in Mom's lap smiling at me through our living room window. She looks pretty excited to see me. It's a hallmark moment. Then I get inside and the shrill of my daughters scream indicates I misread earlier signals. Moments before I came home, she had been sitting on the kitchen counter and she finally did what both parents worried she might someday do. She fell.
Quick math: 3 feet + 40 lb child + landing on her wrist = emergency room.
Time for a family trip, we pack some books and some snacks that would have to do for dinner and headed for emergency.
Draya was scared to go and cradled her forearm though all of this. She has never been a fan of the emergency room and was resisting the trip. We relied on an emergency tactic and promised the sweet empty caloried candy of McDonald's and we were out the door.
Over the next little while she had 3 x-rays taken, received a pooh sticker and was terribly good as she sobbed and sniffled. Much better then the cry fest she had when she had hurt her knee last summer. We held her, cradled her, held a bag of ice over her slightly swollen wrist, and read to her.
3 hours later she hops off my lap, completely changes gears and goes to play with the toys they had in the waiting room. She's fine. Just fine. She has a full range of motion in her wrist and she's back to her usual self. Ker and I look at each other, shake our heads and head to get a rather late dinner. Kids... go figure.
Labels: hospital visit

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home